Experienced Automotive Service Technician
As a growing company living by the motto “Driven to Excellence,” selecting new associates to join our team is the most crucial step in keeping our business successful. The future of LeBlanc Automotive depends on the Associates we hire today. Our mission is to continue to exceed our customer’s expectations with award-winning service and customer satisfaction. it is our goal to be the benchmark for excellence in every aspect of our business.
Our commitment to this mission will make our dealerships a place where people want to come both as customers, as well as
employees. This is only obtainable by hiring result-oriented, highly competent associates who have high ethical standards, communication skills, and a track record of success.
It will be their hard work, enthusiasm and skills that take our company to the next step and to an even brighter tomorrow.
Automotive Service Technician
Our company has an outstanding opportunity for a results-focused, highly driven and experienced Service Mechanical Technician position. This Technician will be responsible for diagnosing and repairing client and dealership vehicles with integrity and ethics, and also maintaining a positive relationship with clients who return with unsatisfactory work in accordance with dealership policies and standards.
- Examines vehicle, diagnoses and, if needed discusses with the Shop Foreman, or Service Advisor as to the nature and extent of damage or malfunction
- Communicates additional service requests to the Service Advisor for communication to client
- Plans work procedure in cooperation with the Shop Foreman
- Provides labor time estimates to the Service Advisor
- Monitors repair time and updates Service Advisor on status often for client vehicles left for service, and for waiting clients
- Maintains strict adherence to dealership policy on client vehicle care and operation
- Completes story and/or documentation for client repairs
- Understands and utilizes dealership computer system
- Assists Technician Trainees
- Wears approved safety glasses when in designated safety areas
- Keeps work area clean and tidy
- Attends company and factory training
- Keeps current with factory technical bulletins
- Understands and follows Federal, State and local regulations such as disposal of hazardous wastes
- Attends weekly department meetings
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations (Including Driver's License)
Operator's Driver's License
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 100 pounds and frequently lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Benefits include medical, 401K retirement savings plan, vacation time, holiday and sick leave, and company paid continuing education and training. Our company maintains a strong policy of equal employment opportunity for all associates. We hire, train, promote and compensate associates on the basis of personal and professional competence and potential for advancement without regard for race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability or citizenship, as well as other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.